Wreaths Across America sponsorship.
American Legion Post 256 is a participating member in the Wreaths Across America Sponsorship Share Program.
As the WAA’s yearlong mission continues to grow, so do operational costs associated with growing new and existing programs. As a result, beginning on Feb. 1, 2023, the cost to sponsor a veteran’s wreath for placement on National Wreaths Across America Day will increase to $17 to help offset the increased cost for WAA programs and administration.
For every $17 wreath sponsorship sold, our post will STILL receive $5 income. THAT"S A GREAT DEAL!!!
How to Sponsor Wreaths Through Our Post
Order online through the direct link to our WAA page
click here: Wreaths Across America
- Click Sponsor Wreaths
- Select the # of wreaths you wish to sponsor (most popular is 5 wreaths for $85.00) OR select “Pair a Wreath,” “In Honor and Memory Of,” or “Grave Specific” Tabs at the Bottom of the page for other Options.
- The “Pair a Wreath” option costs $38.50. For that amount, you can sponsor a “Patriot Pair.” A donated Veterans Wreath will be placed at our Knoxville National Cemetery AND a second wreath with the military branch flag of your choice will be sent to the address of your choice.
- Add other options (grave specifics, etc) as desired.
- Complete the secure checkout process with credit/debit card or Paypal.
Order by cash or check thru our Post WAA chairman
1. Pay at one of our General Membership meetings (cash is NOT accepted by WAA, so checks are preferred, but we will accept cash if that’s all you have).
2. (ENSURE CHECKS ARE MADE OUT TO “Wreaths Across America”)
Mail completed check(s) to:
608 Tanasi Lane
Loudon, TN 37774
When are Wreath Sponsorship Funds Due?
All funds are due by November 28th, 2023 (“Giving Tuesday”) to WAA by Close of Business. This will ensure your sponsored wreaths are placed at the Knoxville National Cemetery on December 16th, 2023!
How Do I Volunteer for the Ceremony at the Location I Support?
There is a button located on the website for you to click to sign up as a volunteer at the cemetery of your choice.